Aug 5, 2011

Danny Swimming

Danny swam with the 8 and under team all year. We are fortunate that our local swim team does get to practice three times a week year-round, which gives Danny some focus and exercise.

The meets began the day after school got out and were every Saturday (and a couple of Sundays) for 5 weeks. He also got to swim in the Divisionals meet which meant six Saturdays in a row! It was hot, hot, hot, but Randy, Annelise and I figured out how to cope with the 5+ hours in the heat. Practices were also every weekday morning from 7:45-8:45... no biggie since both Danny and I are early risers!

Here are a bunch of pictures (the first four were taken by the fantastic team photographer, Andy Smith).




The reminders for his first race (Event 11, Heat 2, Lane 2, Freestyle)

Listening to the coach.

Some games in between events.

Danny with his coach.

And who can forget the RIBBONS... wow, the ribbons (I had no idea this was the currency of swimming!).

No comments: